Please, no top roping through the anchors and consider rappelling rather than lowering off to preserve the anchor rings.
No hammocks please, it's killing the trees.
On open days (generally posted the night before) the site will indicate "registration full" until 6 am when registration opens, after 6 am the indication "registration full" means all available slots have been spoken for. Registration is only good for the day of registration, there are no "rain checks" and there is no preregistration for another date. Open days generally occur, when available, on Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays.
No drones are allowed on the property
Cabin rental is available through Red River Outdoors, redriveroutdoors.com.
Welcome to Torrent Falls.
ONLY ONE MEMBER OF GROUP NEEDS TO REGISTER, ALL REMAINING MEMBERS OF THE GROUP NEED ONLY SIGN THE WAIVER USING THE E-MAILED "CONFIRMATION CODE" SENT TO THE FIRST REGISTRANT (link below the registration link).
OPEN DATES WILL GENERALLY BE POSTED THE PRECEDING NIGHT.
Please note that the number of spaces for vehicles and registered climbing is limited. Each registrant is valid for one vehicle only, and each group is asked to limit their size to no more than 3 climbers. All individuals must sign a waiver before entering the property, once the party is registered by the 1st member the remaining individuals in the party should access and sign the waiver below via the "just sign a waiver" link using the "confirmation code" sent in the email to the first registering member (you may need to close the web site and reopen it to access the "just sign a waiver" link below the registration link); there is no need for additional members of a group to go through the entire registration process ... only one member of the group need do the full registration, they will receive a "confirmation code" that can be entered to get to the waiver section. Individuals not signing a waiver prior to entry will be considered to be trespassing and will be asked to leave the property. Please refer to the rules section for a more complete discussion of the requirements for access.
You must register the day of entry, there is no 'PRE-REGISTRATION' available. There is no 'rain-check' for failure to utilize your registration. The received code is good for that day only.
Access to the registration page begins at 6 am and goes until noon of the same day, the hours of property access are from 10am to 6pm; the note "registration full" will show until 6 am to indicate that registration is not yet open, if this note is seen during the hours of 6 am through noon then the available slots have been spoken for. If you arrive prior to 10am, the gate will not work, if you stay past 6pm, you risk getting locked in. During the registration process you will receive two numbers, one is your gate entry code (this is emailed to you) the other is your confirmation code (also emailed) which is used to access the "just sign a wiaver" link, additionally write the second code down and place it on your dash or other visible location in your vehicle or risk a tow; the two are NOT interchangeable … possession of the gate code does not allow parking, possession of a confirmation code does not grant access … you must have both.
About Torrent Falls
Torrent Falls has a long and colorful history.
Originally, the rockhouse was home to the Adena indians. Around the year 3000 BC, the Adenas lived, farmed, and hunted on the grounds of the Torrent Falls Resort.
In more recent history, the L. Park Hotel once stood at what is now the entrance to the property near the current location of the entrance gate. The L. Park Hotel was built in 1890. It was a major east coast tourist destination until it burned to the ground in 1927. At it's peak, the L. Park boasted a suspended stage, a boardwalk/dance floor, and an orchestra. According to the historical book Natural Bridge in the Kentucky Mountains (published around 1900) the author discusses Torrent Falls - "The hotel is environed by high cliffs and offers a charming retreat for health and pleasure. The visitor may go for miles over mountain bridle paths on horseback, or take short trips on foot to shady glens, which afford a succession of constantly changing mountain views."
Registration For Access
Registration is closed or full
Are you attending with someone that already has a valid access and just need to sign a waiver?
You will need the access code of the registrant.Just Sign Waiver
- Climbing without being registered is STRICTLY prohibited.
- Guide services are only allowed with written permission from the manager of Torrent Falls LLC.
- Access to the property is limited to the hours of 10 a.m. until 6 p.m. unless specific permission for an extension has been granted by the owner of the property, Torrent Falls LLC, Robert Matheny, manager.
- On your climbing day, one member of the group must register here at TorrentFallsClimbing.com, This will give you an access code for the gate at the front of the property. All other group members will use your registration code to sign a waiver. ONLY ONE member of each group needs to register, the remaining members of a group need only to sign the waiver.
- Do not park at the church. They will tow your car. Parking space is limited to 3 vehicles (total, not per group), parking is only allowed in the signed area (climber parking) in the lower lot by the old wagon … park neatly. Do not block access to any of the cabins. Carpool.
- The code on the top section of the registration receipt page MUST be printed off or written down and placed visably on the front dashboard of your vehicle.
- Misuse of receipts, or the registration system, will result in your car being towed and public ridicule heaped upon you.
- Stay on trails and read and obey signs regarding limited access to areas.
- Do not stray from established trails. Do not “short cut” through the woods. Do not damage any natural feature or vegetation, respect all barriers and do not cross.
- No Pooping. You MUST use a WAG Bag or equivalent. There are no exceptions. Not even you. Dispose of human waste in accordance with “leave no trace” ethics, e.g. the use of “wag bags” for all fecal material, do not bury or otherwise leave “in situ”, similarly pack out and properly dispose of all litter including (but not limited to) food scraps and toilet paper. Do not urinate inside the drip line of any cliff; likewise do not urinate near or on any trail.
- No Trundling allowed. Don't know what it is? find out and don’t do it.
- No Fires. Even though you may see the fire-pit, YOU are NOT to build a fire.
- No tent, car, or any other form of camping. Rent a cabin if you want to stay the night.
- Pets are not allowed on the property, this includes those left in vehicles regardless of the circumstances
Access to and use of the Torrent Falls property is granted without charge pursuant to the Kentucky Use Statute, KRS 411.190. Those who wish to avail themselves of this opportunity must read and sign a waiver and agree to abide by the rules. Any individual not complying with this requirement will be considered to be trespassing and treated accordingly. All individuals accessing the property are warned that the property is not in any way maintained for safety of access by the general public and that entry is undertaken expressly at the risk of individuals so choosing. Any individual wishing to hike, rock climb or otherwise make use of the property is warned that any of these activities carry with them the risk of serious injury and or death and that the individual so choosing is entirely and solely responsible for assessing the risk of any activity and will accept any and all consequences, good or bad, of such decisions. Insects, reptiles (snakes), etc. are all potential hazards and are not in any way controlled or monitored by the property managers. All artificial installations found on the property have been placed solely for the convenience of the property manager; any use of these installations is undertaken solely at the risk and discretion of the individual so choosing to utilize them. Any individual accessing the Torrent Falls property with pets must obtain permission from the manager of Torrent Falls LLC, Robert Matheny, and will keep the animals leashed and under control at all times assuming any and all responsibility for the behavior of their animals, as well as removing their waste from the property (bag and haul). Any individual accessing the property is warned that irresponsible pet owners, feral and uncontrolled pets and other animals exist and that the property manager cannot insure the behavior of such animals and that such animals may present a hazard that cannot be controlled or prevented.
Access to the property is limited to the hours of 10 a.m. until 6 p.m. unless specific permission for an extension has been granted by the owner of the property, Torrent Falls LLC, Robert Matheny, manager.
Do not stray from established trails. Do not “short cut” through the woods. Do not damage any natural feature or vegetation, respect all barriers and do not cross.
Guide services for climbing are only allowed with written permission from the manager of Torrent Falls LLC.
NO TRUNDLING IS ALLOWED!!!!
Obey all signs regarding limited access to areas.
Dispose of human waste in accordance with “leave no trace” ethics, e.g. the use of “wag bags” for all fecal material, do not bury or otherwise leave “in situ”, similarly pack out and properly dispose of all litter including (but not limited to) food scraps. Do not urinate inside the drip line of any cliff; likewise do not urinate near or on any trail.
Fires may be built only with the permission of the property owner, Torrent Falls LLC, Robert Matheny, manager. Do not build fires outside of the established fire ring Do not collect wood from the Torrent Falls property, this includes apparently dead and/or downed wood; fire wood must be procured LOCALLY from outside the Torrent Falls property and carried in. Existing stocks of firewood may not be used without permission.
If you need to get in contact with us, please drop us an email[email protected]